Apr 21, 2007

Day Two: Magic Kingdom (Carrie)

The family from Pennsylvania WAS the best family ever. My favorite part was when the spitting snotty girl from the UK was crawling around on the sidewalk picking up Mickey pixie dust and Andrew said, “That’s right, you have to get all the magic you can here.”

They were so perfect and nice.

But enough about that….

We did SO MUCH today at the Magic Kingdom, and all before 4:00! The only thing we didn’t do that we wanted to do was ride Splash Mountain (technically, Porkchop doesn’t want to ride it but will). We totally covered Tomorrowland (with two rides on Space Mountain), Fantasyland, Liberty Square, and Frontierland. We will catch Adventureland and Splash Mountain after our Keys to the Kingdom tour on Tuesday.



Since we had a few things lined up for tonight, we left MK around 4:00 and napped a bit at the hotel. For dinner, we headed to the Boardwalk for our reservation at the Flying Fish.



For a starter, I had the Tuna Tasting, which was yellowfin prepared a couple of ways accompanied by sesame crackers. My main course was an oak-grilled Alaskan King salmon with potato-chive gnocchi, spinach, ramps, and a garlic-butter sauce. Dessert was my favorite – a warm Valrhona galette with raspberries and gelato. Throughout dinner I sipped on Eroica Riesling, which really hit me right before dessert.

After the Flying Fish, we walked over to play miniature golf. Porkchop beat me of course, but I had a few good holes. After finishing golf around 10:30, Porkchop asked the counter guy how we should walk back to MGM to catch the bus to POP. He gave us totally whacked out directions that began with us cutting through the golf course. Right…

Our trip was cut short the entrance to the MGM security entrance. A security guy leaving the park stopped us and ended up giving us a lift back to POP. This was muck quicker than the bus, but it made us feel quite sheepish.

Stupid miniature golf counter guy!

I’m looking forward to tomorrow since I’ve never been to the Animal Kingdom. I think the Finding Nemo musical will be neat, and I can’t wait to eat at Boma. Yum!

No comments: